Friday, December 09, 2005

VISITS

I called Sister Donna Crossno around 9:30 am this morning to see how she is feeling. She missed work and church Wedn. She told me that she is better but does not know if she will be able to make it to the Servant Evangelism outreach project tomorrow. I suggested that we could reschedule it or that I may go out and try to wash some windshields on my own. I encouraged her to stay in since she is hoarse and sounds like she is in a "barrel." She told me that Delilah is better. I thanked her for praying for Karen and told her that Karen is better.

At 10:00 am I began studying another section in the Biblical Hermeneutics course of the Doctorate program. This study is challenging along with the other responsibilities that I have as Pastor.

Around 12:15 pm, I called some of the newest visitors to try to set a time to visit in their home. Josh Lawton, the Davis's son-in-law, answered at his home but was leaving for work. He works for the railroad. He said he would be back Monday and we could come by then. I called the Davis's other child, Jeff, and got a voice machine. I left a message letting them know who I was and asked when Karen and I could come and visit. Karen and I then left to visit some of the homebound members.

Sister Karen and I just go back (2:25 pm) from visiting Sister Jennie Sanders and Sister Lilly Grooms. Sister Jennie is moving into an apartment in town and will be much closer to folks who can help her. She is very exited but will miss her old homeplace where she lived over 60 years. She said, "I just felt like I needed to move because this house is very old and the kitchen floor is sinking." We are very happy for Sister Jennie. We also met her two sons and their wives while we were there and her grandson, Doug. They were visiting with her when we got there. She will be just about a mile from us and we can check on her very easy.


Sister Lilly continues to have shortness of breath and can't get around very well. She wanted us to tell the church hello for her and said, "I want to come back sometime and hope I can." She wanted to tell everyone at the church that she loves them. Her 4 year old grandson, Jacob, was there and we always enjoy being with him and seeing him play.

We had a good season of prayer with both before we headed back home.

We had lunch at Sonic (2 pm) and brought Jason a chicken wrap combo home. He is going to Bethel at 3 pm to practice for the Christmas musicals scheduled tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night. Karen and I, Sarah (my youngest daughter) and Chris will be going tomorrow night.

No comments: