Monday, December 05, 2005

DAY OF REST

TODAY Sister Karen and I will be taking a day to mostly rest. We have a few pressing things that will have to be done but, otherwise, we will be resting on a "day off."

PRAYER OF REST: Dear Heavenly Father, first I want to thank you that you teach us to rest. Thank You for telling your children in the time of Moses to have a Sabbath day, which is a day to rest. Father, as a pastor, I have a burden to lead and care for the members and friends here in the Huntingdon church and community, but I know that I cannot care for them as I should if I don't follow your plan to get rested and renewed, to be strengthened in my body, mind and spirit. Help me to rest in Your Son Jesus. Help me to "come apart" for a time of rest lest I "fall apart" in trying to do everything on my own. I pray for Karen that she will rest today in You. Thank you for touching her and healing her from a virus. Help us to rest in You today and know that you will give guidance, strength and a greater "unction to function" in Your work. I know that You are watching over you people and care for them more than I could ever even think of caring. Thank you Lord Jesus that You were the example for us to take a time of "leisure to get away" and rest as you told those that were with you in the work when you were here on this earth. I accept my rest in You today Holy Spirit and ask that you give comfort, guidance, and further and greater power for service. In the Wonderful, Powerful Almighty Name of Jesus Christ my Savior and Lord. AMEN!

Thanks for stopping by and until next time have a great day in the Lord!

No comments: