Thursday, December 08, 2005

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE VERSE

Pslams 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. This was a time when David wound up in the hands of the Philistines. They were the arch enemy of Isreal. David was being subject to Saul but Saul was jealous and was after David's life too. Sometimes we feel afraid because when we are doing our best it seems that there are those that would have us defeated and/or destroyed. Our trust should be as David's - what time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. It is natural human emotion to be afraid sometimes.

Two men were walking through some wooded area when a grizzly bear came upon them. One of the men said, "lets stand real still and see if the bear will just leave." The other said, "I'll run and you stand still and see if he leaves." This is humorous, but often thats how we feel when we are afraid - we feel like running. David didn't say, "lets run," he said "what time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." God help us to trust in thee in all circumstances, in all tests, in all battles, in all trials. . . .at all times.

Prayer Requests: Debbie Reynolds, Celinas, Gracie, Paul Rivera's hand, Carolyn Loggains, Jennie Sanders as she moves to assisted living, Bonnie Curtis, Lennie Crossno, and Bill Hall.

If you have a prayer request, hit the comment link below and leave it or email me at

miltongordon@bellsouth.net

God bless you and have a great rest of the day and great night of rest in the Lord.

No comments: