Friday, December 16, 2005

PHYSICAL

Well it was a typical doctor's visit - waiting an hour before seeing the doctor and then another two hours for the visit, checking, etc. The physical went well. BP 120/75 (with continued BP meds), ears good, nose okay, throat okay, eyes okay, chest okay, back okay, other parts okay, urinalysis okay, all seems to be okay at this time except overweight - need to loose about 30 lbs. Not sure I can do that, especially this time of the year.

Karen has gotten several poems and readings together this morning and we are continuing to plan the Candlelight Service to worship and commemorate the birth of our Savior. I am working with Karen to get an outline together for Sister Josie to set up the bulletin and get it copied.

Last night I changed the CD player in my computer but it still does not work - the sound that is. It shows that it is playing but the sound is mute. Other sounds will play and I can play songs, etc. from the Internet but no sound plays from a CD on my computer. I guess I'll need to get someone who knows more about what to do.

I mailed some Christmas cards yesterday and will give the rest out Sunday and mail the ones who may not be there Sunday. We will also be giving our little gift to each one Sunday.

The church decided not to have services on Christmas, since most want to be with their families. I have encouraged them and will encourage them again to remember to worship the Lord and have family prayer and devotion on that day.

No comments: