Tuesday, December 20, 2005

VISITS TODAY

Karen and I visited with Stanley and Judy Reynolds today. Stanley is the Media Coordinator for the church. He makes VHS films of services and events and makes DVD's to give to people. He is working on a DVD to give to people that present the gospel message. I have completed three sittings of this and will take the VHS to him later this week or next week. Stanley is a paraplegic but does not let that stop him from working for the Lord. His testimony is powerful and he says, "if God does not heal me here the first one I will walk to again is Jesus." Judy is the Building Decorations Coordinator. She has done a tremendous job of decorating throughout the past seasons of fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Stanley's mother is a chater member of the church here. She lives in St. Louis in a Nursing Home Facility. We had a good season of prayer for Stanley and Judy and their families before we left.

We also visited with Lois Thomas in Camden, TN (about 25 mi. from Huntingdon). She told us that she has been very sick with a virus of some sort and could not come to the services Sunday. We had prayer with her and encouraged her.

Fanny Mae Hill

Then Karen and I visited with My Aunt in Dickson, which is about 45 mi. east from Camden. Dickson is where I attended high school and worked for several years before going out in the pastorate at age 25. My Aunt Fanny Mae Hill turned 90 this past September. We were also there for her birthday back in September. Aunt Mae, as I lovingly call her, is very special to me. She has lived an exemplary Christian life. She is now bedfast but still smiles and has not complained any time that I have been there. She smiles and says, "I'm so glad you came to see me, it seems so long ago that you were here."

She pastored at least three churches that I know of in her younger years. She pastored my home church (Burns, TN) where I grew up. She pastored Shady Grove near Franklin, TN and she pastored Portland, TN church. She pastored these churches in their infant stage and my Uncle Neely Hill, her husband, worked as a carpenter to help support them. They were true pioneers in my eyes. We prayed with her before we left and she prayed the sweetest prayer. I believe God has a special place for these warriors of faith.

Karen and I did some more Christmas shopping there in Dickson where there are several more stores to choose from. We finished some gift shopping for some more of our family. We are so excited about our children and grandchildren coming to visit with us this coming Friday night and Saturday morning. This will be the first time that all of them have been with us in our home at the same time in since we pastored in Nashville several years back. I pray that the Lord will give them traveling mercies. Each one of them will be driving anywhere from 180-150 miles - except Jason, of course he still lives with us.

No comments: