Wednesday, December 28, 2005

THANK YOU LORD - BACK HOME

I thank the Lord that we are back home safe. The roadways were very busy this past Saturday and today as well. Thank you Lord for a great time with family and friends and for a sense of freshness that you have imparted. Thank you for newness and freshness in you every day!

Karen and I arrived back home today around 3:30 pm, after a 4 1/2 day mini-trip. We visited with her family in Clarksville, TN, my family in Crab Orchard, TN and just rested most of Monday and Tuesday. I assisted my mother, brother and Sister Justice from Petros, TN at the Brushy Mountain Regional Prison church service last night. The Lord's presence was close to us as we ministered and as some of the prisoners ministered as well. We traveled back most of today. I stopped in to see my Uncle, Chester Green (who was like a father to me as a lad), who is in the Rehabilitation Center in Crossville, TN. His wife, Rozelle, went to be with the Lord this past Summer. We had a good visit. He speech is difficult to understand from the stroke he had a couple years ago, but when we prayed together, I could clearly hear the first word that came out of his mouth - JESUS. He still has that great smile, at 80 plus, even though he is unable to move around very much.

When we arrived back at the church, Brother Leon Reynolds was finishing the first coat of primer on the basement floor after he and his family sanded the old paint for the past two days. He told me he is coming back at 6 pm to put another coat on.

Karen and I have been unloading since we got here and checking email and mail. I hope to put some pictures and names on here later of family and friends.

Until next time. . . .


No comments: