Wednesday, December 07, 2005

EARLY MORNING DEVOTION & PRAYER

It is quiet this early morning hour. Karen and Jason are still resting. Our three dogs (Gabriel a Golden Retriever, Samson, a Maltese and Bandit, a Fiest mix) are all resting quietly outside the back door. It is colder (24 deg.) than normal on this early December day of the month but not as cold as yesterday (19). I want to offer this prayer this morning.

Heavenly Father, I come to you through your son Jesus and thank You for You and all that You are. I worship You, the mighty God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and many others in the Scripture. How awesome You are. Mere words cannot describe You and You are too much for my finite state. I confess that I have failed You in many ways. Sometimes I doubt. Sometimes I am too busy with my own agenda. Sometimes I covet. Sometimes I have negative and unwholesome thoughts. Forgive me of these sins and hidden sins in my life that I don't see. Keep me from presumptious sins. Forgive me of the weights that keep me from running the race as I should and help me lay them down at your feet. Weights of anxiety, fear, past failures and successess. I pray that you forgive me of these things and not let Satan exploit me in any of these things. I thank You Holy Spirit for teaching me, guiding me, leading me and I pray that today Your power will flow through me for your glory and honor. I pray for the leaders in the church, nation, state and local leaders. Be with each of them and help them make the decisions that will please you. I ask that You bless the members and friends here at Huntingdon. Give anointing and guidance to the leaders of the church here. Strengthen each one that is discouraged. Heal those that are sick in the most Holy, Righteous, Powerful Name of Jesus Christ. I give You Praise, Worship, I laud You, I Magnify You, I Bless Your Holy Name. Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Devotions I read this morning. . . .

Our Daily Bread

Youth For Christ

A Bible Devotion

My Utmost For His Highest

No comments: