Sunday, March 19, 2006

YESTERDAY, TODAY, TONIGHT AND TOMORROW

Yesterday, Karen and I knocked on several doors and witnessed to different ones in South Carroll County. We also did some work for the Carroll County Volunteer Rescue Squad. This was an interesting day to say the least - especially with some of the 4-legged canines that we met. One large bulldog tried to the knock the door down to get to me and I swiftly and curtly moved back to my car as I heard the lady say, "We are not interested." NO PROBLEM! Another bulldog barked and barked until a young man came to the car and said, "Oh he just a big baby and won't hurt anyone." His bark and looks didn't communicate that to me but Karen actually got out of the car and played with him as I talked with the young man's mother. Karen got back in the car chuckling at me for being so skiddish. Well, I got bit once in the posteria by one of those critters and it has left a lasting impression on my adrenaline gland - get my drift. I saw dogs from the size that would fit in my hand to ones that could rear up, put their paws on my 6 foot frame shoulders and look me square in the eye. Anyway we met some interesting people and enjoyed conversations about the Lord and the work of the CCVRS.

Today was another great time of worship and fellowship in the Lord. The first series in the topic of Covenant Relationship dealt with the Old Covenant and parts of the New Covenant. April 2 will be Covenant Sunday. We are praying for a time of commitment to the church and the work of the Lord. There were two in the altar seeking the Lord this morning - Tyler Nicholson and Gracie Florres. We thank the Lord for His presence and for the New Covenant Relationship that he mediated, sacrificed his life and body and shed his blood for and given to - God's only begotten Son - Jesus Christ.

Tonight Dr. Chuck Burks preached the first message here at the church. We thank God for the challenge that he gave us to be a growing church. We are looking forward to hearing more from Chuck in the future. He and his wife are coming to church with us and waiting on the Lord for an open door to pastor somewhere in the future. We thank God for Chuck and his wife Ragene. They are now a part of us and, prayerfully, God will help us to make them feel that they have found a home in the church of God of prophecy. Dr. Burks used to drive by the Church of God of Prophecy sign and say, "I better stay away from that church, thats a wierd name for a church and it sounds cultish." After meeing with him and sharing with him for several weeks, he understands that we are Christians who love the Lord and want others to know Jesus too.

Tomorrow Karen and I will be going on a getaway for a couple days. We should be back by late Tuesday or sometime Wednesday. Your prayers are appreciated as we seek God. . . . . .

No comments: