Wednesday, March 08, 2006

TODAY

After getting up, cleaning up and eating Raisin Bran for Breakfast, Karen and I went to the R. B. Wilson Apartments and taped prayer meeting announcements on the windows and doors. We saw Sister Jennie Sanders and Pauline Belew for a few minutes. They expressed exitement about the prayer meeting tonight. I also met Mr. Timothy Scholls and Rita Trimpane - both said they would be coming tonight to the prayer meeting.

Karen and I left for McKenzie around 9:30 a. and visited with Sister Marie Moore and prayed with her. She is in intense pain in her legs. We had a time of visitation and prayer with her. Karen went by and gave Sister Debbie Eaton White Wings that have come to us in the bundle we ordered. Karen visited with her for a while and also with Sister Dee Walker. I also gave Sister Eaton the "Singing News" that I have gotten monthly to give to Brother Ronnie Eaton.

After getting home at around 12:15, we rushed over to the Lenten Community Service at the First Presbyterian Church. We got there for the message by Pastor Roger Patton, Jr. The message was timely. Pastors and churches have been invited to participate in the Lenten Services throughout the time of Lent beginning today with Ash Wednesday and going 40 days from then. I am scheduled to speak on Wednesday, March 29. We also have lunch after the service. It was a refreshing time today and Karen and I met some people that we have not met thus far.

We were back at the office by 1:15. I started on some computer work and studying. I tried to add a harddrive as a slave and got a little impatient. My impatience and poor decision caused my computer crashed around 2:30 pm today (the details aren't worth telling here). I lost everything on my hard drive. I do have a backup of my files but don't have a system backup. I took my computer to the shop today. Carl the computer man is installing a larger drive for my computer and loading some of the software I lost. It will take me weeks to get back everything that I lost. O well, haste makes waste - sometimes.

Karen and I have been helping Rev. Chuck Burks and his family. We took some things by there just before prayer meeting tonight to give to them. You can read about Prayer meeting on the next post. . . . .

Thanks for stopping by and may you be blest and have a great night of rest. . .in the Lord. . .

No comments: