Tuesday, March 07, 2006

SCRIPTURE AND PRAYER

Dear Heavenly Father, it is good to come to You and I thank You for Your Son who gives us access to You. I come boldly today through Your Son. What a glorious day to be alive in You and the work that You have given me. Guide me and anoint me as I reach out to minister to those I meet today. Open doors for witnessing and sharing the gospel of our Lord Jesus. I pray for all men today. I pray that leaders in nations, countries, states, areas, regions and cities will be given greater wisdom to lead in their respective areas. I pray for President Bush and his staff. I pray for Governor Bredesen and his staff. I pray for the mayor and leaders of Huntingdon. I ask for strength and guidance for police officials all throughout the land. I pray that You will keep us in your peace. Be with the military leaders and the ones on the front lines in Iraq and other trouble places in the world.

I also pray for a greater uniting of Christians everywhere. The prayer your Son prayed in John 17:20, 21 weighs on my heart today. Heavenly father, help me to be one of those who revolts against the divisions that seperate your children. Help me to revolt against the spirit of self-exaltation and self-aggrandizing that causes some to rise up and cause schism in the body of Christ. Help me to be an instrument that is used to bring Your children closer and closer together. Make me stronger in the unity that Your Son prayed for. Deliver me from divisive spirits and divisive motivations. Cause me to melt together with Your children everywhere. Make me an instrument of peace and an instrument of scandle against the self-exalting, narcissistic, anarchy spirit. Thank You that Your Son's prayer will be ultimately answered, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." In the Wonderful, Powerful Name that is above every name - Jesus Christ! AMEN!

No comments: