Saturday, January 28, 2006

YESTERDAY & TODAY

Karen and I traveled to Nashville yesterday and visited with the Fisher family. We left at 1:30 pm after I visited the local hospital as Vol. Chaplain. We arrived fairly early (3:30 pm) and there were several already there. Beautiful flowers were coming in, sent from many different places. We spoke to Bishop and Sister Fisher, Sister Nadine and Sister Rebecca. I remembered my mother telling me that I stayed with Sister Mattie when I was very young while she worked. Sister Fisher was 96 years old according to Rebecca. We spoke with Rebecca for a while. We expressed our sympathies and visited about an hour. We left and took care of some personal business in Nashville went to eat and then left for home. We got in around 10 pm last night.

This morning I walked three miles and today has been a day of study and prayer. Karen and I went for haircuts at 1 pm and got back about 2 pm. This afternoon Deacon J. E. and Sister Marie Moore came by and visited. We had a good visit.

I am finishing up this week as Vol. Chaplain at the local hospital and will visit there in a little while.

No comments: