Tuesday, January 24, 2006

TODAY

The morning sun came as usual but this was not a typical day for us. Jason's old car would not start and after trying to get it started for 20 minutes, Karen finally took Jason to classes. He was late and did not get to turn in a music lesson that was already late. One thing happened after the other (not going into details) that kept me tied most all day. I finally got back to the car at around 3:30 pm and had to go get a hose and an air filter for the old car. The old one was full of bugs and some oily stuff. I also had to adjust the timing. I worked on it another hour this evening and finally got it running again - smoother than ever. In between all this I made phone calls to get a place confirmed for prayer meeting tomorrow night and called some who were absent in Sunday Services. I also went to the Advance auto parts store twice.

In the middle of the car project, a neighbor, Mrs. Ravenell Britt, came by and visited for about 30 minutes and then said she had to go to her sister's and would be back. I finished getting the car running and took care of some personal things then I heard Karen going to the front door. Mrs. Britt came in with an envelope and said, "the donations inside are for the new chruch and are in memory of our parents who helped get this church started." We thanked her and she visited about another 15 minutes. Then Mr. Billy Dillahunty, Brother-in-law of Bill Hall, came by to thank me for the funeral service and gave me a cheque. He said, "its all your fault that the service went so well." I said, "I guess I can take the blame for that but lets give the Lord any credit that is due." We laughed. He stayed only a few minutes. Its now 5 pm and we will need to go get Jason soon. Its been a "scrambling" sort of day. . . .Ahhhh its great anyway serving the Lord. . . . .All glory and praise to His wonderful Name! Name above every name! Jesus Christ!

No comments: