Wednesday, January 18, 2006

YESTERDAY & TODAY 01/17/06 & 01/18/06

Yesterday and today, Karen and I have been helping Jason get into his second semester at Bethel College. We spent time getting books, getting a used tire and working on his car and transporting him back and forth since his car would not run yesterday and it also had a flat tire. We had about 1 inch of snow yesterday evening and last night, which did not stay on the roads, but was messy and cold - it was beautiful on the trees and shrubs.

The Renaissance Choir had its first concert of the semester at the West Nashville CP church last night. Karen and I were up until he called to come get him at 11 pm off the tour bus. I finally got his car going this morning after replacing the spark plug/rotary cap wires. The wires were burnt on the end and not connecting. It starts great now. It is old (92 Dodge Spirit) but it still gets you where you want to go.

Brother Leon Reynolds is still working on the bathroom floors in the basement. Things are really looking great. He told me that he put the first coat on the lady's restroom. The chairs have new rubber ends on them and it looks so much brighter in the basement. Brother Leon came to the parsonage to tell me that he got permission to have prayer meeting at the Carroll Co. Rehab. Facility (nursing home) for tonight at 6:30 pm. Sister Bonnie (Curtis) Crossno is there and others may come too. We are seeking God for other doors to open since we are not having mid-week service at the church during January. I am contacting the person over the county jail to see if I can come minister or visit there.

Brother Terry Bear, Camp Hickory Hills Manager, called at 7:45 this morning to ask about marriage counseling for a couple he knows in his area. I referred him to another counselor but he asked if I would see them. I advised him that I would see them as a counseling minister since I do not have a state counseling license of any type but do have experience and a counseling core degree. He said he would tell the couple and give them my phone number.

No comments: