Friday, January 20, 2006

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE AND PRAYER

James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Heavenly Father, I come to You today through Your son Jesus. Thank You for being my God and my Savior. Thank you for You and all You are. O How great, awesome, holy, immutable, and glorious You are. Sometimes in life we face things that are difficult and try us sorely. I take courage in the promise of the Word today, "that the trying of [my] faith works patience." I pray that You will impart more grace in my life and spirit so that patience will do a complete work in my life. Give added strength and grace to Brother Bill Hall's family today. He suffered greatly for a while but You heard his cry and he is now resting with You. There are struggles that each person faces in this life and only You, O Lord can impart what is needed to bring us to a place in Jesus that will sustain us. There are many going through trials in the church here, physically, mentally and spiritually. Please, let them know that You are working a far greater, eternal purpose in their lives. Help me to "count it all joy," not to complain and forgive any attitude or spirit that is unlike you. Doubts and fears try to arise during trials and tests. Help me put full confidence in You, O mighty God. Help me "count it all joy," and to "let patience work completely in me" so that Your Son's life will mature in me to the fullest extent and that I will become more like Him day by day. . .to the glory of God. . . .Amen!

No comments: