Monday, January 09, 2006

AN ORPHAN NO MORE

Today's Devotional Reading From Ron Hutchcraft

As your parents get older, they love to tell those stories - sometimes many times. We've enjoyed hearing some of the family stories that my wife's Dad had to tell. It's filling in a lot of blanks, actually, as we try to put together the history of the last couple of generations. We asked him once about that little girl named Ada. My wife's grandfather, Granddad Glenn, had one child - her Dad. And he wanted a sister! So, Granddad Glenn traveled from their small town to a major city to check out the adoption possibilities at an orphanage there. I don't know if he was prepared for the reception he got there. Everywhere he went, children asked him if they could go home with him. But there was this one dark-haired, dark-eyed little girl who just wouldn't leave his side. Her name was Ada. She wouldn't let go of Granddad's hand, and she kept looking up at him with her big brown eyes and begging him, "Please let me go home with you. Please take me." He did. And my wife's Dad got his sister.

Read More Here. . . .An Orphan No More

No comments: