Tuesday, January 31, 2006

YESTERDAY AND TODAY

Karen and I spent much of the day yesterday as our "off day of rest." We did do some necessary things yesterday morning getting Jason more settled for college this semester and discussing some necessary guidelines with him. Karen and I had a father and mother talk with him - do you remember those? He was a little resistant (he thought being 21 meant those talks were over) but we believe he will come through with what God wants in his life. We pray that God will use him mightily. He chose to go to college and major in music and said, "I believe that is what God wants from me." He knows that God has given him a ministry in music and worship leading. God has brought him through a lot and will continue as he follows Jesus. This time last year Jason was still recovering from a car wreck that left his right hip shattered. It happened on Nov. 5, 2004. God's mercy reached down to him and brought him back from an addictive lifestyle - enough said. Thank God for victory in Jesus!

After doing some other necessary things pertaining to Karen's job search we traveled to Natchez Trace State Park and drove through relaxing and enjoying God's creation. We traveled on to Lexington, did some shopping, and ate a KFC. We were back home by 5:30 p.

Yesterday evening around 7 pm I noticed that my right side began hurting. I have been advised by doctors that recurrent urinary tract infections are indicated with the surgical scaring etc. that I have. I started on an antibiotic and some pain killers - which only barely numbed the pain. I was in pain most of the night from about 8-3 this morning when the infection began to flow out. I was very weak this morning and have been weak most of this day and have rested. Just a few minutes ago, I felt like coming to the computer and enter some information. To any who read this, your prayers are very much appreciated. God still works miracles. . .

Karen visited Sister Bonnie (Curtis) Crossno and took her some bananas today. We know she loves bananas and her face lit up when we told her we would bring her some. Karen said that Sister Bonnie is very sedentary and did not respond much. She desires continued prayer.

I called the McKenzie Rehabilitation Center and talke to Amy, the Activities Director, about having prayer meeting there tomorrow night. She was very receptive and gave me some information on where to have it. I told her that Sister Lennie Mae Crossno is one of the members of our church and that we wanted to come and have a prayer service with her. She was very receptive and ask if others could come. "Of course," I told her, "We want as many as will come to come." She asked if we could do it on a monthly basis and I told her that it may be on another evening since our Wed. services would likely start again soon. She was very happy for us to come on any evening. We are looking forward to this time of prayer and ministering to those who cannot get out to come to church anymore. May the Lord's presence be with us is my prayer. The prayer service at the Huntingdon Health and Rehab Center was awesome with the presence of God.



No comments: