Tuesday, January 10, 2006

PRAYER BORROWED FROM PASTOR DON BROCK

Pastor Don Brock offered this prayer on the Harvest Center News Site. I want to adopt it as my prayer for today. The prayer says much of how I feel at this time. Thank you Pastor Brock for this prayer and thank you Father for hearing and answering prayer.


"Oh God, how humans have made a mess of Your beautiful creation and rejected Your perfect plan for us. This world continues to spiral downward toward the pits of hell. People become more and more desensitized to immorality and evil. I pray that You will keep my eyes open and my heart and soul sensitive to what is right, and my mind alert to the tricks of the devil. Please give me strength to turn away from sin and to run from evil. I pray a cover of protection over my family and myself. I pray for an army of angels to surround every leader of Yours, to lift them up and protect them from Satan's traps and fiery darts. Lord, push back the powers of darkness. Keep us pure. Help us to be wise and alert and to put on Your armor through prayer, through Your Word--the Holy Bible, through fellowship with other Christians. May we encourage and support one another as that day approaches. May we be lights in the darkness, flames of influence that burn brightly with Your truth. And may You be glorified. In Jesus' name I pray, amen."

1 comment:

Don G. Brock said...

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.