Thursday, February 09, 2006

SCRIPTURE & PRAYER

Psalm 55

Heavenly Father, I come to You today with great desire for Your covering over my life from the enemy. Thank You for the Promise of the Holy Spirit and His empowerment in my life. Keep me in Your love and protection. When the enemy would steal, kill and destroy - hide me in the shelter of Your wings. Because of the troublesome time I sometimes feel like flying away and being somewhere alone with You. As the Psalmist David prayed, 55:6 And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.7 Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah.8 I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest. I ask for more of Your peace that I may show Your peace to others. Thank You for the peace that the Prince of Peace gives. When I see the unrest and violence in the world, my eyes looks to you, my heart races within me and my spirit crys out and looks to You, for I know You are still in control. I ask that my home be a continued place of Your peace, safety and protection. Deliver Your children who are under attack from wicked and unreasonable persons. Thank you for the promise that if I "22 "Cast [my] burden upon the LORD, . . .he shall sustain [me]: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.23 But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee.

No comments: