Wednesday, February 22, 2006

PRAYER AND SCRIPTURES

Heavenly Father, thank You for another time to come to You through Your Son Jesus. I pray for all men everywhere to come to the knowlege and experience of your salvation. I pray today for the leaders in the nations of this world. I ask for wisdom for President Bush and all of his staff. I pray for leaders throughout this world in nations, states, countries, cities and local areas. I pray for leaders in the church - International Leaders, state leaders, country and area leaders and local leaders. Thank you for these leaders. I ask that You undergird them with more grace. I ask for more widsom for leaders in nations, countries, states and local areas - for law enforcement, for government leaders and for church leaders. The Apostle Paul encourged prayer for all men and for all that are in authority. His words tell us in 1 Timothy 2:1-4 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

I ask for greater stability in servant leadership thinking and for clearer directives in our daily tasks. Make us strong in our spirits and in our minds. Help our minds to be more and more like the mind of Christ. When pressures of work and ministry seem more than possible to bear, help us to lean on You - that moment and know that in our weakness You are still strong. Keep me free from the "superhuman" syndrome but instill in me the knowledge and wisdom to know that Your grace is sufficient for all ministry. Forgive me of the failures, faults, hidden sins and weights in my life that need to be confessed, forsaken and lain down at the foot of the Cross.
I ask these favors in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. AMEN!

No comments: