Saturday, January 20, 2007

UPDATE, JAN. 16-20, 2006

It has been a few days since I posted. Karen and I have been on the road as we travel to and from Nashville, where Karen teaches school. We do have a room close to the school where she teaches and we stay there 2-3 nights a week.

After having a day off on Monday (Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday), we felt somewhat rested and ready to go again. Tuesday evening we were both exhausted after a long day of Karen teaching and I sub. teaching and studying. We got to the room around 6 pm after having our meal out together. I remember telling her goodnight around 7 pm and don't remember anything else until I woke up around midnight and relieved myself. I lay back down and spent some time in meditation as Karen rested. Most of my nights I am up every 3-5 hours and it gives me the opportunity to pray some and meditate some. Wed. Karen is back at school teaching and I took care of some business and studied and prayed for Wed. evening service.

We came in Wed. evening and got ready for the evening meeting. The fellowship and food was refreshing as we met in the fellowship hall. I continued with the theme of stewardship for the month (Stewardship of Giftedness). After a scriptural lesson presentation, I presented the ministry training/educational opportunity from Beacon Institute of Ministry that was presented at the Ministerial Development Institute in Dickson last Saturday (it will be presented to the church again Sunday). I am encouraged by this opportunity for our local members to become better equipped and trained for the service of ministry.

Thursday Karen and I were back in Nashville teaching and then on Friday evening we left for Huntingdon again. We stopped a couple places to get some needed IRS forms for the church's income tax needs and some ohther needs that we had. After getting home around 7 pm, Karen and I got busy with house chores (clothes washing, etc.). I did some work on my tax information forms and studied some. My eyes started closing and head drooping uncontrollably around 1 pm. So I told Karen I am heading for the sack. She was on the computer in Jason's room. We turned in around 1:30 pm.

Today (Saturday) we rested until about 8 am. After eating brunch, Karen started working on a quilt for Caleb, Heather's son and our grandson. I can't tell what the patterns are since it is to be first seen by Caleb before anyone else. It is something he likes very much. I did more work on my tax information and continued to try to unstop the front bathroom - still clogged.

This afternoon Karen and I visited with Sister Ruth King and Rita. Rita was resting. She is still recovering from pneumonia and COPD. She has to stay on an oxygen machine often. We had a good season of prayer with Sister King for Rita and for the family. Then we visited with the Jeff and April Davis Family (children, Jacob, Jonah and Jordan). We enjoyed a good visit and time of prayer. We also went by to visit with the Joyce Grace family. The house where they live was empty. We were surprised. We then went by McDonalds where Krystel Grace works and ask where they have moved. We found out that they have moved to Clarksburg which is about 12 miles out highway 22. I called and talked to Sister Joyce and told her we were so glad she was back in church with us last Sunday. She said she is planning to come again tomorrow.

Karen and I are now at home. She is continuing to work on the quilt for Caleb and I have been doing this post for the past 40 minutes. I have to finish my tax records for the church and do some more studying for tomorrow and also do some work on our bills and bank records.

To any and all who read this, may God bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you and give you peace. As the Hebrews say, Shalom. . . .and as the 60's folks said, Peace. . .and as the scripture says, "we have a peace that passes all understanding. . ." Thank God for the Prince of Peace.

No comments: