Wednesday, January 24, 2007

TODAY AND TONIGHT

Brother Leon and I worked on the clogged bathroom last night until around 10 pm. We took the commode off and tried to break the clog loose from that drain. No succes. We called it a night and Brother Leon said he would be back after getting his shop rolling in the morning. I did some studying and office work after that and was up until around 1 am trying to think of how to get the front bathroom unclogged. I dropped in bed a little after 1 am. We poured a solvent down the drain and now I am waiting until morning to flush it.

I was up this morning and ran some water in a large pan and heated it. I poured it down the drain and water bubbled up in the bathroom tub. So the solvent didn't work. I poured several more pans that bubbled up in the tub. So I was dipping and hauling water for over an hour this morning. Brother Leon came back over at 10:30 am. After discussing the problem for a while we decided to go rent a drain roto rooter. We went to Value Plus and they had an electgric one and a crank one. The electric one was very long and was larger so we rented the crank one. We came back to the parsonage and started pushing and craking the rooter. We ran all 50 feet in and nothing drained. We reeled it back in and sat very dissappointed. I was thinking of giving it one more try when Brother Leon said, "Lets try it again." We started cranking and pushing again. The rooter came to about the 40 feet and the commode pipe drained suddenly. We both shouted, "Thank you Jesus!"

Its good to have both bathrooms back and I can understand why a plumber gets paid so much. I did save some since I know it would have taken the plumber 4-5 hours to get to the problem. Thank God, its flowing great. Thats how I spent most of my day, replacing the commode, cleaning up the mess and now getting clean up.

Tonight is prayer and bible study. We are seeking God for a great time.

No comments: