Monday, January 01, 2007

Sister Jennie Sanders Birthday

On this first day of the year Sister Karen and I had the opportunity and joy of taking Sister Jennie Sanders out to eat a birthday meal. She is 88 years young and continues to serve the Lord with fervor. We enjoyed the time together and had a great meal of hog jowl, black eyed peas, cooked cabbage, fried taters, corn bread, iced tea. Sister Jennie said, "That's just the meal I wanted on this first day of the year, but I wasn't expecting my Pastor and wife to be with me." We ask Sister Jennie about the traditional meal and what it means. She said, "Well I've heard if you eat those items in your meal on New Year's day you will have plenty of money the rest of the year." Then she jovially said, "But it has never worked with me." We enjoyed a good laugh together. God bless you Sister Jennie. We love you!

No comments: