Tuesday, June 20, 2006

UPDATE

Father's day evening was very special. Each of my daughters called me and wished me happy Father's day. Of course, Jason, was with us that morning and he did wish me a happy Father's Day as I dropped him off at Bethel to go with the Choir to Birmingham, AL.

Sunday evening Sister Karen and I rested and had some down time after traveling for much of last week. We encourged each family to be with their Fathers and the rest of the family on Sunday evening.

Monday morning Karen and I left fairly early and traveled to Birmingham where the Cumberland Presbyterian, Presbyterian USA and Cumberland Presbyterian USA were having their yearly joint General Assembly. Of course, the main reason we went was to support Jason who sings in the Bethel College Renaissance Choir - only about 55% of the choir could be there. It was a very unique worship service for Karen and I since we had never been to one of their General Assemblies. The Renaissance Choir sang and the audience was very responsive. The choir almost reminded me of Pentecostals as they clapped their hands, swayed and pat their feet to the music. The choir is multi-racial and multi-national. It is a joy to see these young people singing praises to the King of Kings.

We truly enjoyed being with Jason and the choir. Everyone who hears this choir gives them accolades. Their director, Peter Jeffreys, really puts everything he has into the worship and expects that from each one in the group. He is a very accomplished musician having worked with several professional and semi-professional groups. He made this statement, "We may not please everyone here but we certainly do our best to please God with our worship and if that is why we each one came together tonight, I feel God is smiling on us." Pretty good way of saying it, don't you think?

We went out to eat after the service and enjoyed meeting some new people. It was a good trip for Karen and I.

We got back home later this evening.

No comments: