Saturday, June 03, 2006

DR. CHUCK BURKS TO MINISTER AT JACKSON, TN CHURCH OF GOD OF PROPHECY

I went to the new pavilion early Saturday morning to meditate and study for Sunday. It was very quiet, peacful and cool there this morning. I studied for about 90 minutes and then received a cell phone call from State Overseer E. C. McKinley. He asked me to assist him in speaking with Chuck Burks about going to our Jackson church for a while, since they are needing a pastor at this time.

Then I went and picked up Brother Burks and we went back to the pavilion. I asked Brother Chuck if he would be interested in doing some ministry in one of our churches and passed on the message from Brother McKinley. Brother Burks agreed to take it for a period of time and he and I talked for about an hour and I answered some of his questions and offered some counsel.

We left the pavilion for lunch and then I picked him back up after lunch and we went to Jackson to see the building and property. We fellowshipped and talked much of the evening.

Bishop McKinley advised me that he would contact the church about Dr. Burks coming and emailed a letter for Dr. Burks to take to the church.

We welcome Dr. Burks and wife, Ragene, to this time of Pastoral Ministry in the Church of God of Prophecy and pray that their ministry will be blessed and fruitful for the Lord. We are praying that God's will be done in their ministry and in the Jackson church.

I pray that God will use them mightily for the work of the Lord and the building up of the kingdom of God. I pray that souls will be brought into the kingdom of God and that the kingdom of God will be brought into souls there in the city of Jackson and Madison County, Tennessee.

To God be the glory!

No comments: