Thursday, June 01, 2006

THURSDAY, JUNE 1, 2006

Sister Karen and I got up at 4 am to go be with the family of Ethan Pyburn, grandson of Donna Crossno. We arrived at 7:15 and as Ethan was about to be taken for surgery. He had surgery at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville. The surgery went well. He was in and out in less than an hour to remove tonsils and adnoids. The report was that he took something to drink later in the morning, which is a good sign. We prayed with the family and stayed with them until about 10:30 am and then left to take care of some business in Nashville.

Karen and I did some shopping and also looked at some other things in Nashville. We left for home about 2:30 pm. We stopped in Dickson and ate at Shoneys for our pre-anniversary meal. Karen surprised me as the Shoney's gang came out singing Happy Anniversary. I was so surprised that I threw my napkin at her. She was laughing hilariously at me. She told the Shoney's gang, "I never get to get one on him but this time I did." We enjoyed the hot fudge cake they brought out.

We got back home at about 6:30 pm. I called some folks and then went by the pavilion to do some last minute clean up and inspecting. I sat down to watch the NBA playoffs at 8 pm. I fell asleep in our love-seat recliner at 9:30 as we watched Dallas and Phoenix in the NBA playoffs. Karen woke me up at 10:30. Dallas with big "Dirk" really womped Phoenix last night. He scored 50 big ones.

11 pm - good night.

No comments: