Thursday, July 06, 2006

YESTERDAYS UPDATE, TODAY & TONIGHT & PRAYER REQUESTS - BIKES ANYONE?

I saw Sister Lillie Grooms at Wal-Mart yesteday as I was getting some things for Mr. Bateman. She is requesting prayer. Her heart races and she is very short of breath. Lets pray for Sister Lillie.

Today has been another day of study and doing monthly and quarterly reports for much of the morning.

I visited with Mr. Harold Bateman this afternoon, who is the gentleman that I met in the hospital. He is very interested in our church and says he has known the Lord for some time. He does not drive and needed a ride to his home in Prosser to get some things including his Bible and the 2006 World Almanac. A very nice gentleman who desires our prayers for his health. He has severe asthma. He was very happy to be on our prayer list. He is continuing in the Huntingdon Health and Rehab Center.

For several weeks I have been talking to Karen about doing something together that would include exercise and fellowship for both of us. About a week ago I mentioned getting bikes to ride. Karen was for it. Late this evening we went to Wal-Mart and bought bikes. I rode mine home since there was not enough room in the car for both. The two mile trip was an eye-opener. Wow, my legs burned and ached but I think it is the beginning of a great time of exercise and fellowship for both of us.

After we got home, I grilled some burgers and chops on our little charcoal grill and we enjoyed a meal with maters, lettuce, onions, pinto beans from the crock pot, corn bread and green tomato chow chow, etc.

We then went on a short ride up the road. Karen said, "I did not know how out of shape I was until trying to ride just a few hundred yards." Well, lets hope we both get in better shape physically and especially in growth spiritually in relationship to the Lord Jesus.

As John Denver sang, "thank God I'm a country boy." God bless. Good night.

No comments: