Tuesday, July 18, 2006

TODAY

I enjoyed an early morning time of Bible reading and devotion.

Karen and I went bike riding at 7:30. We rode about 6 miles today and got back about 9:00. Karen is doing great but she did say that she can't go that far tomorrow. I'm really encouraging her because this is the most exercise she has done in a long time.

Brother J. E. Moore called me at 9:45 and I went over to the property on Northwood and helped with some clean-up and lawn work. I left there at 11:30.

I met with Dr. Chuck Burks at 12 noon to fellowship and to continue with some informative training and mentoring on our church polity and procedures. Brother Burks has taken the Jackson church as an Interim Pastor and State Overseer, E. C. McKinley is working with him toward licensing and appointing him as regularly assigned pastor. Brother Burks has a good attitude and desires to see growth at Jackson. I got back home about 1:45. We continue to pray for Brother Burks and wife Ragene as they minister there and we pray for the church as well.

Sister Carolyn Spain and her cousin came by this afternoon and stopped in for about a while. We enjoyed the visit. We loaded the drinks she bought and thanked her for the help. We continue to pray for her since she had minor foot surgery a few days ago and will have the same sugery on the other foot soon.

This evening I continued to work on the doctoral studies and take care of some other business.

No comments: