Saturday, November 26, 2005

TODAY - 11/26/05

Karen and I began our morning around 7:30 am with a quiet time. Karen said she was feeling well this morning but told me that she was cold and having chills around 10 am. She could not seem to get warm. I took her temp and it was 101.5. I got her some extra covers and brought a portable heater close to the sofa. She is resting until she feels better. After getting her comfortable, I went in to my office room in the parsonage and began studying.

After studying and preparing for tomorrow for a few hours this morning, I checked on Karen and told her I was going to visit a while. She was in and out of napping and was covered with quilts from her eyes to her toes trying to get over the chill. I then went to visit with Mrs. Willodene Davis today but she was not at home (her son Jimmy Davis asked me to visit her). Then I went to her son's and daughter-in-law's (Jimmy and Virginia Davis) home and they informed me that Mrs. Willodene's brother is in for Thanksgiving and she is probably visiting some other family members. After visiting with Jimmy and Virginia Davis, I was asked by Virginia's grandfather, Mr. Holland, if I wanted to come by and visit with them - just next door to Jimmy. Mr. Holland assured me he wanted to come visit with us some Sunday night - since he attends somewhere in the am. I welcomed them. As I was leaving he asked if I would have prayer. After a time of prayer I left and came back home.

At home, Karen was still chilling some and told me that her throat is sore. I took her temp at around 4:15 pm and it was 102. I called the pharmacist and had an antibiotic filled that we had refills left on. She started on them and took some tylenol at 4:45. A couple hours later I took her temp and it was down to 101. Just a few minutes ago I took her temp and it is down more (100.5). I gave her two more tylenol. She told me that she is not chilling now and is feeling hot. I think her body temp is adjusting after having chills most of the day. Please pray for Sister Karen. She is a faithful companion, minister, children's minister, prayer partner and loving wife. We have been married over 23 years and she has moved with me to three different states in pastoral ministry. She is a trooper for the Lord!


UPCOMING: CHRISTMAS BANQUET, DECEMBER 3, 6 PM. GUESTS BISHOP EUGENE WEAKLEY AND JUANITA WEAKLEY. Brother Weakley will also be ministering in the Sunday morning service on December 4th.

BETHEL COLLEGE CHRISTMAS CHOIR EVENT: Bethel Renaissance Choir will be performing their Christmas Musical the first two weekends of December on Fridays and Saturdays. This is a free ticketed event. Call Bethel College (731-352-4000) and request tickets and get times. The Musical will be at the old Cumberland Presbyterian Church in McKenzie, TN (just past the square). Jason, our son, is in this group.

I will be prayerfully studying a while before getting to rest sometime later tonight.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great night of rest in the Lord.

No comments: