Wednesday, November 30, 2005

EARLY MORNING

I am up early this morning after sleeping fairly sound for 4 hours. Today my schedule includes, quiet time, devotion, prayer, greeting Jason this morning and seeing him off to college, continuing to see about Karen and wait on her, continuing in Doctor of Ministry studies, preparing for Bible Study and Prayer service tonight, calling the hospital in Jackson to check on Sister Loggains, changing the church sign, visiting the hospital as I am Volunteer Chaplain this week. Yesterday, I sent personalized handwritten cards to the visitors who came Sunday, waited on Karen, visited the hospital in Jackson and studied some.

After getting Karen her meds and getting settled around 11 pm last night, I fell asleep beside her as we both are resting on the recliners. She is some better but her fever keeps going up and down. It was 98.9 this am. Thankfully, the lowest since Saturday. I want to offer this prayer for her this early morning hour.

"Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you will perform a healing in my 'help meet.' I ask that she be given a divine touch through your Son, Jesus Christ. I pray that this virus, bacteria, flu or whatever it is be driven from her body and that she will be healed in the wonderful, powerful, glorious name of Jesus Christ - King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Alpha and Omega. AMEN!"

No comments: