Saturday, November 12, 2005

PRAYER & STUDY FOR SUNDAY'S MESSAGES

Greetings! This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Today I will be continuing to work on the messages for tomorrow's services. Stewardship is very much a part of the word of God and often people do not really understand the powerful principles involved in stewardship. Randy Alcorn wrote a little book called "The Treasure Principle." Here are some of the principles he lifts up.

1. God sees our faith and finances as seperable.

2. Storing up earthly treasures isn't simply wrong. It's just plain stupid.

3. God owns everything. I'm His money manager.

4. Giving isn't the luxury of the rich. It's a privilege of the poor.

5. My heart always goes where I put God's money.

6. Heaven, not earth, is my home.

7. Giving is the only antidote to materialism.

8. God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving.

As we trust God with what He has given us and as we serve as good stewards, God will be with us in our work for him.

Trials and tests come our way not to destroy us but to refine us. "Count it All Joy" is another message for another time - perhaps Sunday evening 11/13, seeking God's leading.

We are reaching out to our community with servant evangelism. In the near future we will be doing a project in the Fred's parking lot to show God's love. Permission has been granted from the Fred's manager and we are going to wash windshields to show God's love.

Thanks for stopping by and may the Lord bless you is my prayer.

No comments: