Friday, September 29, 2006

UPDATES -OMER LAWSON - PASTOR JOE WATSON - JOHN MAXWELL SEMINAR

I was saddened to hear about the death of Bishop Omer Lawson. He was a great man of God and is rejoicing in paradise. I could not attend the funeral or visit but I am sending a card to the family. Sister Ruth Lawson, his sister, used me in revival when she Pastored Crab Orchard back in the early 70's. It was one of my first and I remember they broke the Sunday School record that weekend - over 140 in attendance. It was in the old church. She is the only one left here, as far as I know. We pray for her and the family.

It is good to hear that Pastor Joe Watson is doing much better. He had open heart surgery yesterday and is recovering in the Jackson Hospital. Read more at State Overseer E. C. McKinley's click > blog

Yesteday I was involved in getting some things together for my vita and resume. It seems that is some of most time consuming things that I do. Anyway, it is updated now.

Today I was thankful to attend the John Maxwell seminar at Christ Church in Nashville. It is refreshing to hear him speak and teach the principles and practices of leadership. It is amazing how these principles, when applied, make so much difference in leadership ability. He always packs his teaching with plenty of humor, which is very refreshing and uplifting.

Karen and I got home today around 7 pm and headed to the funeral home.

No comments: