Saturday, September 02, 2006

ENJOYABLE VISIT WITH BISHOP JAMES NTEZIMANA

We are thankful to have Overseer James Ntezimana of Uganda/Sudan, Africa with us. Karen and I have thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with Brother James. He has been very gracious to share many of his country's customs and also the various ministry projects that his country is involved in. One thing he emphasized is that the people there are gardeners - not large farming. They plant and harvest almost year round just for daily food. They have little to no employment in factories or other businesses. He says, "God takes care of us as we hoe in our gardens, serve and worhip Him."

Map of Africa click here. Map of Uganda. Map of Sudan. Bishop Ntezimana is the Overseer of one of the largest territories in Africa including all of Uganda and Sudan. There are over 62 million people and over 1 million 58 thousand square miles of land. Uganda is mostly Christian with a Christian President. Sudan is mostly Islamic. Christians there are often persecuted. Uganda has over 10,000 church members of the Church of God of Prophecy. Sudan has about 600 members.

He has invited us to come visit sometime. We thanked him for his kind offer and, who knows, that may materialize sometime in the future. It would be a treat for us to get to visit them.

He will be ministering in our morning service tomorrow. He will be ministering at the Camden Church of God of Prophecy Sunday evening beginning at 6 pm and then at Paris Church of God of Prophecy on Wednesday, Sept. 6th beginning at 7 pm.

Brother James gave me a gift when he first came and I also gave him a gift.


Brother James gave me a Umogo (meaning an honorary walking stick). It is very nicely designed with colorfully woven beads in various patterns throughout. I told the church I was now an official chief. Someone said, "Chief of what?" I think I got their drift.

I gave Brother James one of my favorite hats from my hat collection that I started over 20 years ago. It says, "Jesus Is Lord."

No comments: