Thursday, August 21, 2008

Visits and Prayer Requests Today

NOTE: Last names are excluded from some of these for personal and legal reason.

The new Chaplain and Director of Voluntary Chaplaincy program at Huntingdon Baptist Hospital, Mike Osment, and I enjoyed a good visit today. Mike was hired as Chaplain after Jerry Leggett left to be Assistant Pastor of Second Baptist Church in Union City, Tennessee. Chaplain Osment was very cordial and encouraging. We enjoyed a good time of prayer together. I also gave him some information on the upcoming prayer time scheduled for the September 11 at each courthouse in the nation. He was very encouraging and offered his support.

Clay (a gentleman around fifty) and I visited today. He requests prayer and stated that he has attended our church in the past. We enjoyed a season of prayer together and he was invited to come again any time.

Tyrone (a young man in his twenties) was open and friendly. He reported that he attends church some and has been saved but he requested prayer for dedication and commitment. He stated that he has asked Christ to forgive him and come in his life but continues to be tempted and do the same sins over and over again. I encourged him and had a good time of prayer with him. I also encouraged him to come visit us in our worship services. He said he would and ask me to come back. He has two small children and the mother of the children work while he keeps the children. He desires prayer for his family.

Brandy (a young mother is her late twenties) and her Sister-in-law, Liz (in her early twenties), were very open and friendly. Brandy's small child, Ethan, was with her. Her little girl was in school, kidnergarten. Brandy shared that she and her two small children are struggling with some needs. I gave her the parsonage number and told her to get in touch with us and that we desire to help.

Brenda (a lady about 50) requested prayer for some family problems. We had a good season of prayer together. She requests continued prayer.

Darrell (a young man about 30) and I visited today. He and his brother live together. God opened the door for me to witness to this young man. He told me that he has been attending a Kingdom Hall. I asked him if he was ready to meet the Lord if he were to die. He hesitated and said the he has been confused about some things. The Lord helped me to witness to this young man and he prayed and asked Jesus to be his Savior and Lord. Pray for this young man and ask God to help me continue to minister to him.

No comments: