Monday, August 18, 2008

Book by J. Doug Stringer

J. Doug Stringer is the founder of Turning Point International and Somebody Cares International. He spoke at the International Assembly of the Church of God of Prophecy in Nashville, Tennessee. His messages were timely, challenging and very uplifting. I am thankful to have been under his ministry for the sessions during the Assembly. He has written several books. I purchased the four he had with him and offer the following for your consideration. . .

The book, "It's Time to Cross The Jordan," by J. Doug Stringer could be described as a cutting edge book that is inspirational, challenging and has motivational short stories of his ministry encounters and life's struggles. I highly recommend the book. The following are excerpts. . .

"One area of great importance is in the realm of choosing how I am going to spend my time. Whenever I've sacrificed my personal time with the Lord, I gradually lose my ability to hear his voice. The resulting condition is an inability to know His will in given circumstances." page 39

"Are we spending more time doing the things that satisfy a loose, lawless, and lustful spirit in our hearts, or do we spend the majority of our time seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness? Do we spend our time praying, studying, and worshipping the Lord in spirit and in truth, or do we spend time watching TV, listening to the radio, or even Christian music tapes?" page 43

No comments: