Sunday, August 27, 2006

WE ARE HOME & UPDATES

What a glorious General Assembly. From the first night with the message by North American General Presbyter, Sam Clements until the closing address by newly installed General Overseer, Bishop Randy Howard, the Assembly was true to its theme - "Spirit Driven." God truly blessed as we worshipped and uplifted the blessed One who died on the cross and rose again to live for ever more.

Karen and I got home about 3:30 pm. There was a baby shower in progress in the fellowship hall and Karen went over for a few minutes to greet the ladies.

I had called Delilah Mummel about visiting with her husband, since he is asking for me to come and share the gospel of salvation. He has been gone most of the day and we will continue to pray for him, that God will do the work in his heart and life. He says, "I am ready."

I called to check on Jimmie Davis who has been sick with a stomach virus. I ask if I could come by and visit and was given a very cordial invitation. I took a prayer cloth from the General Assembly and had a good visit and prayer time with Brother Davis. He stated that he is feeling much better. We had a good time of fellowship and also some discussion about the ministries of the church - especially the children's ministry. I assured them that I am praying for this ministry and will be asking God to do a miracle in this area for keeping the children involved in getting ministry. We agreed that this is a very important ministry of the church.

Later after arriving back home. Delilah called and suggested that it will be another night that will be scheduled for me to come and visit. She also requested to be baptized along with Austin. I am looking forward to this time.

Tomorrow I am supposed to travel to Nashville and pick up James Ntesimana the Overseer of Uganda and Sudan for a few days visit with us before he flys back to Africa. We will be planning some speaking engagements for him.

It is time for heading to the sack. . .its been a long but very enjoyable week. Good night and God bless. . .

No comments: