Saturday, October 21, 2006

UPDATE - FAMILY VISIT

Yesterday evening on our way home from Nashville, Karen and I visited with my Sister, Joyce and her husband Ronnie Hooper. My mother had come to visit her as well and we enjoyed a good visit in her new home, which is located about 1/8 of a mile from the Crossroads church near White Bluff and Claylick (White Bluff and Claylick Church of God of Prophecies merged a few years ago and are really growing together). We enjoyed visiting for about 2 1/2 hours and having supper (we call it supper, it is dinner to some) with her, mom and Ronnie. We had some country vittles (boiled cabbage, vegetable beef soup, Mexican corn bread and hot/warm apple cobbler). Yum, yum it was delicious. We laughed and laughed as we enjoyed this time together.

Joyce shared some about attending the Crossroads church and how great the Lord is blessing there. I am so thankful that the church is doing well there and that Joyce and Stacey (her daughter and children as well) are attending there. Joyce said, "The church is really doing good." Joyce was so excited as she told me about the good things happening there. She even told me that Randy Tidwell (a former school bus driver and elementary teacher when my older daughters were in school at Burns, TN) was there this past Sunday. WOW! What about that????!!!!! Randy and I also attended school together as lads.

No comments: