Wednesday, July 06, 2005

This is my first time to post here. So I am learning. I have chosen the name Eagle Flight. I believe that is what a growing Christian experiences as s/he grows daily in relationship with Jesus Christ.

I am Bishop Milton Gordon, Senior Pastor of the Church of God of Prophecy, Huntingdon, Tennessee. I have been here since August 1, 2004 and just about to complete my first year here. There are 45 members of the church here and about half that many who attend who are not membes. Our extended congregation is approximately 125-150 people. The church here purchased about 7.6 acres of land a couple years ago and it is almost paid for. The church is planning to build in the near future. My wife Karen is a faithful companion who has served withme for over 23 years. She is a licensed minister and a licensed school teacher in Tennessee. We have four children and four grandchildren. I am a graduate of East Tennessee State University with a BS in History and hold an MA from Church of God Theological Seminary in counseling and ministry. I am currently in the DMin. program at Trinity Seminary, Newburgh, Indiana.

I will be posting here 3-4 times a week. Tonight was prayer and worship at our church. The text was from Romans 8:28. During the service one sister received a cell phone call from her granddaughter. This frustrated the sister at first but when she went to the front of the building to answer the phone a young homeless man was there who was hitch-hiking to Texas from Massachutses (sp?). He would not come in because he said he has tourettes and would distract from the service. I went out and spoke with the young man who asked if the church could help him with a little money to help buy food. He was very kind and respectful. I asked him to come in. He finally did as the singers were continuing to worship. I asked if we could pray for him and motioned him to come forward. He came forward with his head down and we prayed for him. He said, "thank you pastor" and walked back to his seat. The church then received a $120.00 offering for him. I asked him how his trip has been. He said, "well I have had some good rides and I only hitch-hike off the interstate because it is against the law to hitch-hike on the interstate." He then went on his way again.

The sister then realized that the cell phone call was what got her to the outside of the building and there she saw and spoke to this young man - so she could let us know he was there. Yes, "we know that all things work together for good to them who love the Lord, to them who are the called according to his purpose." We were allowed to give to "one of the least of these. . ." To God we give praise!

Join us again the next time and thank you for reading my BLOG.

No comments: