Saturday, March 14, 2009

Powerful Revival Service

My home church, Burns Church of God of Prophecy, has been in a month of weekend revival meetings. Tonight, I was blessed to minister there. I had not been back there in some years (about 15) since leaving to pastor. Pastor Terry Bear called me sometime in February and asked me to minister one Sunday night during the month of March. God blessed greatly. Praise and worship was outstanding and several were in the altar. I am thankful for the many fond memories of my days there as I grew up. It was a joy to see old friends (my memory would fail me to list them all here) and to meet new people. The church continues to grow. They have now added a new multi-purpose building (along with the beautiful sanctuary that was finished when I was there in the late 70's and paid for in the early 80's) and several new people are there that I did not know. Pastor Bear and I grew up there, as the saying goes, "cutting our teeth" on the old wood slat pews and following the path out the back door to the "little brown building out back." Time moves on. Things change. People change. Jesus Christ - the same yesterday, today and forever. To God be all the glory!

No comments: