Saturday, February 21, 2009

GREAT DAY!

Karen and I enjoyed, immensely, being with our children and grandchildren today. They have just left headed back to Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky. We enjoyed being together and going to the concert with several country music artists and one awesome contemporary Christian chorale.

Also, Richie McDonald, former lead singer of Lonestar, was the featured singer. He sang several songs. He writes and sings many songs dealing with family and faith. As he sang one song that was a number one for several weeks, tears streamed down my face as the song brought memories of our children when they were small. The many nuances of the days of children and when they are small and growing up, came to mind. I am so blessed to have four children who are so special. They all have great gifts that God has blessed them with. I continue to pray that each one will give themselves to the Lord day by day by day - and the grandchildren. Now I know why they are called GRAND! They are GRAND!

Thank God for this time with my children. Being in the pastoral ministry for over 26 years, I have often wondered if I am giving my best to my family. After all isn't that what is of first importance when we take inventory of our lives and how we followed the Lord. If our relationship is first with Him, then it follows that our family is right there with Him and us (fathers and mothers) as leaders of our families. THANK GOD FOR FAMILY! THANK GOD FOR MY FAMILY! THANK YOU LORD FOR THOSE FOUR SPECIAL GIFTS YOU GAVE TO US TO LOVE, LEAD, TEACH - AS ARROWS ARE IN THE HANDS OF A MIGHTY MAN!

No comments: