Thursday, January 22, 2009

Move 'n On

There are times in our lives when it seems we get stuck. Ever feel like you are stuck - just spinning your wheels. That's what happens when a car gets on soft, muddy ground. No matter how much you give it the gas, it just sits and spins. There must be some type of solid ground to get it unstuck or you need another vehicle to pull it out.

Perhaps you are "stuck in the mud." The mud of undue criticism. I heard about a junior in high school who had a particularly hard teacher. She got a C on her first test. When she went to ask the teacher how she could study better to make better grades the teacher responded, "You are just not an A student are you." Now, I don't know about you but that would have sent me spinning in the mud. This remark from the teacher could have discouraged this student and left her "stuck in the mud." With some help from the parents and others she took in stride and moved on.

By the way, I graduated with a C+ average in high school, not because I could not do better but because I didn't want to study and work harder - had other interests on my mind (sports, hunting, fishing, skipping school). That was a unique type of "mud" in another time of my life.

Anyone who gets "stuck" in some type of "mud" (there are different kinds) needs to seek to move on. There is the mud of gossip, unforgiveness, division, backbiting, strife, etc. etc. Then there are the crystal clear waters of "move 'n on." Move on with grace, love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and self-contol. The only way to get out of the mud is the solid ground of God's grace. Then, move on in the Holy Spirit.

What 'd ya say? Lets move on. . .

By God's grace, I'm move 'n on. . . .

No comments: