Monday, January 19, 2009

Corporate Prayer and Fasting Continues

Today is day 19 of the corporate prayer and fasting time. Of course, we need the Lord more than just 21 days but we are starting the year with emphasis on seeking the Lord through intensive prayer and fasting. It has been said, "fasting intensifies our focus and affections upon the Lord." Surely we do not want this to be a "humanistic" and much less "carnalistic" endeavour.

We desire to see God's good pleasure in our lives and His perfect will accomplished among us both individually and corporately. When we are realizing His good pleasure we will, without doubt, be blessed beyond measure and fulfilled completely - no matter the temporal conditions or extenuating circumstances.

Prayer:
"Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me, bless his holy name." "This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Thank you Heavenly Father for being my Father and letting me be your child. Help me to let your light shine out more to others today and encourage someone who is in need of your touch. Forgive me when I am less compassionate than you desire. Bless my family and protect them today - my children, grandchildren, mother, brother and family, sister and family and my precious wife and her family. Please bring the ones who don't know you to repentance and salvation. Bless the church here where I pastor. Help me to be the Pastor you desire. Forgive me when I fail to care for the members and friends of the church as you would have me to. Help me to serve better and give me a greater passion for the ministry you have called me to. Bless the leaders of our church, nation and the world. Be with the President and President-Elect during this time. Protect them. Help them make wise, godly decisions. I ask these blessings in Christ's holy and precious name. AMEN!

No comments: