Sunday, January 11, 2009

Death Notice, Shelia Robbins

Sister Shelia Robbins died today. Sister Robbins' husband, Jerry Robbins, pastors the church in Dyersburg, Tennessee. They have served churches in Tennessee, Arkansas and North Carolina. He was my pastor when I attended the church in Burns, Tennessee. He not only is a colleague in ministry but a very special friend. We love this family and pray for them. The following is from our State web site. . .at http://www.tncogop.org/

Early this afternoon, Sister Shelia Robbins passed away at Dyersburg, Tennessee. Shelia's husband, Jerry serves as the pastor of the Church of God of Prophecy in Dyersburg.

I spoke with Brother Robbins on the telephone twice today, reminding him that his church family in Tennessee (and beyond) are praying for him and his family during this time in his life.

Pastor Robbins, his family and the local church have been examples of love, kindness and the grace of God in action.

Please join me in prayer for Jerry and his family, I will be posting details of the funeral services tomorrow just as soon as I receive them from the family.

No comments: