Thursday, September 11, 2008

This Coming Sunday's Message

TEXT: Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

TITLE: "Love God With All Your Strength"

SUPPORTING SCRIPTURES,QUOTES, ILLUSTRATIONS, EXCERPTS:

"The unique contribution of the body to the whole person is that it is the mediator of moral action rather than the initiator. In a sense, it is the equipment for the heart. It does what the heart tells it to do; it is the heart's vehicle for concrete ministry and service in the material world. In this capacity, it is not the source of sin and is never called sinful. Instead, the body can be strong and healthy, physically weak (Greek:asthenia), ill fragile ("jars of clay"), decaying, and limited or physically dependent in that it has natural desires that want to be satisfied." From Blame It On The Brain by Edward T. Welch

1Corinthians. 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. "This is not asceticism or physical self-denial; rather, it is Paul's response to Satan's tendency to prey on the natural weaknesses and desires of the body." From Blame It On The Brain by Edward T. Welch

1Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Joshua 14:11 As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.

Judges 16:17 That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother’s womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.


Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Mt 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh (sarx) is weak.

No comments: