Monday, April 03, 2006

URGENT POSTING FROM STATE OVERSEER

Strong Storms Hit West Tennessee
Good Morning,

I am writing, to ask for the prayers of the church. As you may have heard, severe storms cut across Arkansas, Missouri and Tennessee last night and early this morning. At the end of a District meeting at Paris, Tennessee last night, we began to receive calls from extreme Western Tennessee of severe storms with tornadoes that had damaged the homes of some of our members. My family and I drove home through heavy rains, high winds and hail. We arrived safely home and watched the weather coverage on the television late into the night.

Early this morning, as I began to call our pastors to check on them I learned the following:

1. Some of our folks in the Dyersburg and Ridgely have lost their homes or suffered severe damage.
2. I have not been able to make contact with some of our pastors because of downed communications
3. One of the tornadoes stayed on the ground for almost 30 miles
4. At this point I do not know about any casualties, however, it is a distinct possibility.

Would you please pray for our folks in the Western Tennessee area? Will you also please pass this around. Again, let me emphasize, we DO NOT know of casualties, but with so many people unaccounted for, I am deeply concerned about them.

No comments: