Wednesday, April 26, 2006

AZUSA STREET - DAY TWO

From State Overseer E. C. McKinley of the Churches of God of Prophecy in Tennessee.

I had an early start to the day to take in the activities of the Azusa Street meeting. Upon arrival at the convention center, I noticed the atmosphere charged with the energy of thousands of believers gathering to remember the great revival that happened here one hundred years ago. I have no idea how large the crowd was, other than to say that there were over 22,000 registered.

After looking around in the convention center for a while I started to the front of the facility. I heard a familiar sound….one that I have known since I was a small child. It was the Bahama Brass Band playing at the front of the convention center. One of our own Tennessee ministers, a member at the Chickamauga Loop Church, Dr. Joseph Hall was playing in the drum section. The crowd was going wild over them! People danced, clapped and seemed to thoroughly enjoy the music.

While there, I saw our General Overseer, Bishop Fred S. Fisher, Sr., as well as, Randy and Bess Howard, Cathy Payne and one of our local pastoral teams Zach and Beverly Brooks. There were several other ministers and members from different parts of the world there as well.
There were several seminars and clinics during the afternoon, but in the evening service the events were in other locations. Among the speakers were Benny Hinn, Dr. Kenneth Copeland, Paula White and Bishop T.D. Jakes. Getting a seat was difficult, but well worth the trip.

My prayer for you today is the Lord’s richest blessings!

No comments: