Sunday, May 11, 2008

Update

It has been a few days since I last posted. Here are are some updates on recent events.

Mother's Day: Today is a special day for mother's. I called my mother this morning and wished her happy mother's day. She is doing good and we enjoyed a good time of conversation. She told me that she got my card and had a time of wiping the tears from her eyes. I hope each one who has a living mother will do something special for them and, if possible, spend some special time with them. To those whose mother has gone on, remember some special time you had with them and be thankful that you had a mother who brought you into this world.

Sunday Morning Service: This morning was a great time of being with family and enjoying the service. Mother's were presented a vase and rose this morning by Sister Cathy Coleman. I presented Karen, the mother of my children, with a card and plaque that says "Amazing Grace." That is what has sustained our relationship and her graciousness to help raise my two older daughters and our two younger children (son and daughter). We enjoyed songs by Casey Duncan, Shiloh Coleman and her son Brooks, my granddaughter Aviana, Delilah Mummel and all the children sang.

The message today was "Mother's Who Persevere." We visited the scriptures in Ruth, in Mark where the Syrophenician mother came to Jesus and where Paul wrote to Timothy commending Timothy's grandmother Lois and his mother Eunice.

No comments: