Monday, May 15, 2006

SUNDAY - MOTHER'S DAY

Sunday was another blessed day by the Lord. Sunday School was great as we studied about "Faith."

The moring worship service was blessed greatly as we worshipped the Lord. Specail songs by Delilah Mummel, Lori Rivera, Shiloh Johnson and Paul Rivera were a blessing. Shiloh sang a very pertinent song, "My Mother Burns The Midnight Oil In Prayer." I remember well the times I heard my Mother praying - at all times of the night and day. Brother Paul sang "Build My Mansion Next Door to Jesus." Yours truly chimed in with harmony per Brother Paul's request. We were blessed to have several mothers present. The church presented each one with a mother's day bookmark and a scented candle. Sister Karen and Sister Ragene each read a Mother's day poem. The message, "Honor Thy Father and Mother" is a two part message that I plan to finish on Father's day. Honor is a word that is compared to "heavy." Those who are honored are honored because we love them and they bear a "heavy" responsibility.

I gave a short but special synopsis presentation to my wife, Karen, and her love and care to my four children - who are all grown now. She is very special. She took my two older daughters as her own when they were 9 and 7 years old. She has traveled with me in the Pastoral ministry for almost twenty four years (June 2 is our 24th anniversary). She has not complained or balked anywhere that I feel the Lord has led us - which has been in three states and over several thousand miles. I am so thankful for a wife who loves the Lord first of all, and loves her husband and family very much. She is teaching school today to help us meet the needs of our family and of the church. God has a special place in His heart, I believe, for this faithful wife, mother, minister and most of all Christian woman.

No comments: