Sunday, October 12, 2008

Awesome Weekend

The church I pastor, Church of God of Prophecy, Huntingdon, TN, was gracious in allowing me to be away this weekend to be with my family in Crab Orchard and Harriman, TN. Bishop David Prince came to be with the folks at Huntingdon and minister to them. Thank you Brother David.

There were about 50 family members who came together for the Wilbur Thompson family reunion (my mother's father). There are four left of the eleven children that Hettie Hill and Wilbur Thompson had - Charles Thompson (89), Beatrice Cathey (78), Delano Thompson (72) and Denver Thomspon (69). The other 7 have passed on. We enjoyed seeing many other cousins, nephews, neices and others that we have not seen in several years. The food and fellowship was awesome. Another great time was when mom pulled out her mandolin and guitar and we sang many of the old spiritual hymns and worship songs. It was so good to see many of my cousins that I grew up with - working in the hay fields, going to Daddy's Creek, going to church together and getting a 5 cent coke and a 5 cent candy bar or bag of peanuts at the store next to the old church. Hopefully, I will post some pictures later.

Today we enjoyed being with my Brother Tony who is the Pastor of the Harriman church. There was a great spirit of worship. The presence of the Lord came in a powerful way. We enjoyed going to Cracker Barrel after church being with them. We are so blessed with great family and with a loving, gracious, mighty, holy God. TO HIM BE PRAISE, HONOR AND GLORY!

No comments: