Thursday, December 28, 2006

SUNDAY, DEC. 24 & CHRISTMAS TRAVEL

For the past five days Karen, Jason and I have travelled to be with family during the Christmas season. Sunday after a great time of reading the Christmas story and singing several Christmas songs, we left for Karen's family Christmas. We enjoyed being with her family at Steven's home (Karen's youngest Brother). We had a great meal and enjoyed the fellowship and family contact. They asked me to offer the prayer for the meal. Karen and I continue to pray for her family that they will get involved in church. They have a respect for the Christ and Christians and we believe that God will open their hearts to get involved in attending worship - we pray that it will be so.

After visiting with Karen's family we left to visit with my mother. We enjoyed being with my Sister and her husband and my Brother and his family on Monday. Of course we enjoyed the great time of eating and family interaction. It was just great. After being together for several hours in the afternoon, my brother and sister and families left for home. Jason went and visited with my brother and family. Karen and I took mom to see the movie, "The Nativity." We enjoyed the movie. It was very well made and very much biblical. I never tire of hearing or seeing the message of the birth of Christ. I would recommend this movie to anyone.

Tuesday was a day of rest for all of us. Karen, Mom and I rested, enjoyed conversation and ate the leftovers from Christmas day. What a great day of rest. Thank God for rest.! Wednesday morning, I helped do some things around Mom's house trailer. We rested more on Wednesday afternoon as well. Karen and I went to the Petros area late Wed. evening to get Jason and visited with my Brother and family for a while. We left for home at around 12:30 pm today. We came through Nashville and stopped at 3 pm for Karen to have some tests done. We left from Nashville at around 5:30 and dropped mom off at my Sister's in the White Bluff area and visited for a while. We left for Huntingdon and arrived home at 8:45 pm. Thank God for keeping us safe on he highways and thank God for this great time of being with family and celebrating the birth of our Lord. We sang Happy Birthday to Him as a family. He is worthy of all our praise.!!!!

No comments: