Sunday, May 27, 2007

SUNDAY SURPRISE

What a surprise! Karen pulled one on me. Next Saturday is our 25th wedding anniversary. She contacted her family and my family. They came in to our worship service today - all twenty four of them. Karen's Mom, three Brothers and their wives. My Mom, my brother, his wife and twins, and my sister. Our four children and four grandchildren. Jason and Sarah sang. My Brother, Tony, and family sang. Mom, Joyce, Tony and Myself sang - then came the surprise which totally floored me.

Karen had it set up for us to renew our wedding vows. After the praise and worship time, our grandson, Caleb, came up with a card for me. I opened to read that Karen "proposed" and, of course, I accepted. It was a reversal of roles on that matter, but since it was a surprise to me, what could I say? Our two granddaughters were flower girls. Karen's Brother, Steven, gave her away. My Brother, Tony, did the minister's part. My son Jason sang, "Wind Beneath My Wings." The atmosphere was full of laughter and a great family feeling. The church also gave us a card with $115.00. Thanks to all who made this a great surprise. We love each of you.

Hope to have pictures later. I was not prepared to take pictures and will have to borrow some.

No comments: